Sunday, January 26, 2014

Meet Sarah and Ryan!


Sarah and Ryan
"Ryan and I were set up on a blind date by mutual friends 4 years ago. The first time I ever heard his voice was on my birthday, December 7th. He called and said, "I know you don't know me, but I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday and ask you out on a date." Two days later we met for a drink. I lived in Birmingham at the time, and had little hope that anything would come from a blind date. But, I was going to be coming through Nashville to visit my sister in KY, so I thought, "why not?"
A drink turned into dinner, dinner turned into a wonderful evening looking at the Christmas lights at Opryland, then talking until almost midnight. We started spending time together whenever we could and four years later, I live in Nashville!

On my birthday this year, my 30th, Ryan took me to Opryland to see the Christmas lights, something we do every year to remember our first date. I was a little suspicious, he seemed a little nervous.... But we saw all the lights and decorations and then he said, "ok, ready to go?" And we left. I was a little confused, but then...he told me there was one more stop to make on the way home. He made up a story about not wanting to find parking downtown, so we parked at the Greenway park by the stadium and walked across the pedestrian bridge. Halfway across the bridge we walked over and looked at downtown. We talked about Nashville and how it had become our city. We talked about great memories we had over the past four years - places we had been to that we could see from the bridge - Titans games, 4th of July celebrations and concerts on the riverfront, fun nights dancing on Broadway. Then he looked down at the river and said, "Do you want to take the plunge?" I laughed and said, "No way, it looks way too cold!" He tried again, "Yeah, but do you want to take the plunge?" I laughed and said "No way!" He dropped down to one knee, reached in his pocket, pulled out a ring, and said, "Well, will you marry me?"
I was grinning from ear to ear! He then gave a most beautiful and romantic speech. I, of course, said yes!
Looking at the skyline of the place that had become my home, remembering all the wonderful memories of the past four years that had built our relationship, and making the decision to make my best friend the one I will walk through life with.... What a perfect way to spend my birthday!
We are planning an outdoor backyard barbecue type wedding in late August/September. We hope to have a bluegrass band and join together with family and friends for a true celebration! We would love to have Blue Mason capture the joy of our day in their authentic and unique way."

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures & a great story! I spent a couple of years just south of Nashville in Columbia -- gorgeous area.

    ReplyDelete